Get Ready To File Your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return
What You Need to Know
- Expecting a refund? Some refunds cannot be issued before mid-February.
- While the IRS will process your return when it is received, it cannot issue related refunds before mid-February.
- The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb 27, 2018, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.
What You Need to Do
- Be careful not to count on getting a refund by a certain date, especially when making major purchases or paying other financial obligations.
- File a complete and accurate return and include all known refundable credits with your original return.
- File when you’re ready. If you usually file early in the year and you’re ready to file a complete and accurate return, there is no need to wait to file.
- Check Where’s My Refund on IRS.gov or the IRS mobile app, IRS2Go, for your personalized refund status.